Tuesday, May 15, 2012

She'll be comin' 'round the mountain…

…And stealing my hideous 1990s mountain bike from the verge.

Yes, in the interstate move process I finally found a way to excise the hated mountain bike. The very bike responsible for my inconsistent cycling history. After languishing for weeks on gumtree.com classifieds as a 'Buy one 1990s bike, get this one free' listing (Somebody actually bought Ginger's and refused to take mine as spare parts), the 'Radical!' two wheeled eyesore was brought to an inevitable conclusion. I put it out on the curb with a broken blender and let the good people of my part of Perth do what they do best. Nick things.

This is the last I saw of it, in the fading light of day:

*Hiccough* "Kill me."

We drove away to do a single errand taking about 12 minutes. When we came back, it was but a memory, a once proud monument to the purity of the 'Fresh Prince' aesthetic.

I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies to the unhappy thief, though not as elaborate a penance as I offer to the poor bastard who was unfortunate enough to 'steal' the entire box of 1990s CD singles I left on the verge. Nobody should have to sit through that many pop music shout-outs to Ricki Lake.

Sorry, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment